Saturday, February 20, 2010

Something on the Horizon?

Well, as usual, just when things seem to be settling into a 'normal' pattern for Ayden Jane she has to change something. I used to worry when these strange sort of sensory stages would come up, but I have learned that it is all part of the process for Ayden Jane. She just cannot seem to grow connections in one area of her brain/nervous system without affecting skills she has already obtained in other areas. Those skills come popping back up as soon as the new skill breaks through, but she just cannot make this process seamless.

The sensory issues are more subtle than they once were so hopefully the day will come when it will all work smoothly. So what is she up too? She wants lots of 'big squeezes', flips upside down, tickling, wrestling, chasing, 'squishing', lotion rubbed, cuddles... I find myself by midday just wanting to peel her off of me. Maybe it is just an average two year old stage, but today when she asked to wear her back pack, I felt sure that we are truly seeking again. I have no idea what new connections are being formed, but I will just do my best to oblige and provide all the added touches she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment