Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Character Fears

So this is not at all new, not really PWS related or valuable information. It is however cute. Ayden Jane has been quite uncomfortable with the large characters at different places. It started as full blown scared of them, but she is trying hard to overcome this fear. First up is the Chik fil a cow. The first time she saw one, she about climbed up me in fear and would not let me go anywhere near him. She kept repeating, "the cow not get me. I don't like the big cow, he not get me."

Recently the cow was welcoming the kids out of the car at school! I am still not sure what he was doing there, but I saw him as we were pulling into the short line. I told AJ and the look on her face was priceless. Shear panic. She started saying, "I don't like the big cow. The big cow not going to get me mom?" She saw a friend give the cow a hug just before it was her turn to get out of the car. Let's just say she did not hop out quickly, but she managed to cling to the teacher and get out. Then she asked, "can I give the cow a hug too?" Her teacher said sure. Ayden Jane took one step toward the cow then reached back and grabbed the teacher. "you come with me." She did, and AJ got a good arms length away and changed her mind. Hey, she didn't run screaming! Just backed away, never taking her eye off the cow or turning her back on it.

Let's just say we are in no rush to head to Disney!


No comments:

Post a Comment