Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Do It Myself (and I mean everything)

So lately, Ayden Jane has been trying my patience. I mean more than usual! She so ridiculously independent it is enough to drive us both crazy. Mix a bit of I have to have things done my way, in my order... and AAAHHHH.

Let's start with getting in the car. She has to go to the opposite side, open the door herself and climb across the seat. Of course, we have to check out every scrap of everything we can find as we cross the seat and discuss it in detail. Once her little bottom has finally hit the car seat she will panic if you touch the straps first. She wants to strap herself. 20 min. later you are on your way.

How about lunch time. She will make great choices, but insists she get them out of the refrigerator, she will choose which spoon... All the while major spills are narrowly averted...

Clothes? Hard enough to get her to wear any, but don't even think about picking them out for her. The only thing you will assure when suggesting an article of clothing, is that particular item will not go on her body today!

At the playground she wants to climb the highest slide, monkey bar... and wants you a 1/2 mile away to prove to you that she does not need any help. Pool? Her greatest delight is when she swims away from you.

She will push herself to do anything that big kids do. It is a part of her that helps her overcome so much and I am thankful for that, but it would be nice to just take a breath and relax for 2 seconds.

I know, I know, she is 3. Either just being younger with my others at age 3 made it easier, or Ayden Jane is just the most strong willed of the 4. Whichever the case may be, it is exhausting!

No comments:

Post a Comment