Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Ayden Jane is having a little trouble understanding why, if Kayla is home, school is out, the decorations are up... it's not Christmas yet!  She is not a fan of sleeping in or having days without school.  (yes, the opposite of the other 3!)  We are taking it one day at a time, finding fun things to do.  Luckily the weather has been very cooperative and we have been able to go to the playground, take walks and generally play outside a lot.

We have had a few holiday related challenges food wise.  At church yesterday the preschool kids had a birthday party for Jesus.  I get it.  It is a cute way to get the point across, but the food related items were a bit much.  I had packed a usual snack of nuts for AJ.  Kayla picked her up from her class and said that she was seated with an untouched, icing loaded cupcake in front of her!  She's never had one so I am not sure what she was thinking as she looked at it.  When Kayla talked to her, AJ just told her excitedly that she had a cupcake for Mckenna!  Have I mentioned she amazes me?  She came home and went straight for the dark chocolate for her treat too.  I was good with that.  I figure she sat there, stared at a cupcake with no other treat in reach, did not complain and waited patiently until she got home!

On the health front, I am happy to say that so far she has stayed healthy.  Woo Hoo!  She has been great behavior wise and looks better each day.  She is back to hungry at appropriate times helping to choose appropriate foods and totally satisfied when done.  I even had her at the pool yesterday and another mom commented on how athletic she was!  Part of me wanted to hug her and tell her how hard we have worked for years... I wanted her to know the joy of watching AJ grow and accomplish such great things.  I wanted her to feel the amazement of the blessing of those moments...  I just smiled though, and politely agreed with her.  Never quite sure when to spill forth and when to just smile...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment