Friday, August 17, 2012

Kayla Turns 19

Yes, as Ayden Jane prepares for 4 yr. old preschool, we are celebrating Kayla's 19th birthday!

It is hard to explain, but last year as we celebrated her birthday, she was preparing for her first year in college and still seemed as much a high school student as a college student.  I guess, it is that she seemed still more a kid than an adult.  As we pause today to wish Kayla a happy 19th, I have to admit that she is totally a college student and more an adult than a kid.  Those words hurt my heart and make so very proud all at the same time.

Kayla is filled with passion and compassion.  She has big plans and I have no doubt she will find an incredible path.  I enjoy hearing about the people and places that hold her heart and mind now.  I look forward to watching and listening as she continues to follow God's plan for her life.  It is such an exciting time.  The world is wide open.

I couldn't quite finish and post this on her birthday...  Looking at old pictures and things.  A life time and an instant all in one.  I just love this picture.  Mostly because it is pretty much how I remember her being when she was little. All smiles and always holding "Kayla baby".




No comments:

Post a Comment