Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Summer

It has arrived. Summer is here! By 9 AM on Saturday - first school free day of summer, Ayden Jane asked me a bit impatiently if we could go to the beach YET. I put my list of things I had put off all spring to do after school was out on hold... and we hit the beach.

We arrived at the beach before 10 with a packed lunch in the cooler and the day ahead of us. I figured we would be out there a couple hours. Well, Ayden Jane found friends, boogie boarded, played longer... About 2:00 her friends were heading off the beach so I was able to tear her away, but of course she wanted to swing by the pool. Lets just say we made it home about 4:30.

So, that seems pretty amazing as it is. I mean, 6 hours of playing in the ocean and pool. I thought for sure she would collapse and be down for the night. Just to prove me wrong, however, she asked if we could go for a bike ride after supper! I mean, did we really need to do every summer activity in one day! Thankfully, I survived and lived to write about it.

We are working on getting into a summer routine of sorts. This week is pretty much making things up as we go. No camps, no arranged play, just making it up as we go. That pretty much translates into Ayden Jane looking up the weather and telling me we NEED to go to the beach early because it might storm later and she NEEDS to get her wiggles out.

We are getting a small, soft top surf board. It basically looks like a big boogie board with fins in the bottom. She is determined this summer she will be surfing. I am sure she will fall a lot while she figures it out so I just want her to fall on something that will not hurt her. She just loves the ocean. Once she figures it out I see lots of time spent trying to capture a video of her riding a wave! It could be an all summer long project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment