Monday, August 28, 2017

4th Grade

So far so wonderful. I have also started a new school year and I am in a new school a ways up the road from Ayden Jane. I leave early and feel a bit disconnected from what she is doing at school, however her teacher has been awesome about filling me in on any details I need to know.

Ayden Jane is happy as can be and I am hearing lots of new names of friends. So far there has been no homework, which has been very enjoyable for all of us! I do need to get some structure in our lives with at least a bit of reading ect. I am sure it will come.

It is so strange to be so relaxed about the school year. Most years, the first few weeks I am pretty much holding my breath. Just hoping she gets the hang of procedures and schedules and expectations. It just all seems easy this year. I am sure some of that is the amazing teacher she had last year who prepared her so very well.

Getting off to school in the morning is interesting at least 1 morning a week. With Gary working nights and me having to leave by about 6:20 to get to work on time, there are mornings where Mckenna is now taking over as taxi driver. So, yes, I pack Ayden Jane's lunch and snack, and I put out her morning meds/supplements. Then I wake up Mckenna as I leave. Since pitolisant, Ayden Jane needs to be woken in the morning but she is getting the rest of it done herself. This morning was the first "on their own" morning and I got the text of relief from Mckenna. I made it and even on time. They were ready and out the door in time for Mckenna to get Ayden Jane dropped off and herself over to the high school without being tardy. Woohoo. That is not small feet.

The evenings this year are proving much different from last year as well. Last fall we were struggling to find enough hours in the day for exercise and being a kid. She was just so tired. Tonight, I got the text from Gary to hurry home with supper because Ayden Jane was nutty. After we ate he took her out to the beach on the creek side and they swam a long time. He had her swimming against the current and giggling away. She went to bed around 8:30.

So, Ayden Jane's life is pretty good about now. Hoping to build more solid friendships. Get back into some good books and enjoy being in the 4th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment