Saturday, May 6, 2017

Who is This Kid?

I love the new Ayden Jane, but I am also a little lost because I don't really know how to read her. Or maybe I am simply waiting for something to blow up on me and can't trust it all yet. 

Her blood sugars are more stable than ever, well, as I view from the outside. I mean, she does not 'crash' anymore.

Her mental stamina is through the roof. She took the state testing this past week and the first day included writing an essay. The kid started at 8:30 and did not finish until after 2!! Her teacher said she honestly worked the entire time. She came home happy as a lark and bouncy - just like my typical kids would.

So where's my issue? 

I guess, previously, I could read AJ. I mean, I could look at her and tell you if she needed more gh. Her behavior told me if ACL was too high or b12 too low. I could manipulate her diet to manage blood sugar. Now I have NO idea what I am looking for. Where are my "boundaries" or ranges of .... well, everything? How do I know what's going on in there?

Soooo, I guess I am living in the land of is it all too good to be true? 

I'm curious if she still has a black hole for carntine. Wonder about the gh bump... and pretty much everything else. I mean, it's like the kid has a new metabolism. She is more typical as it comes to food. She has always wavered between forgetting to eat and maintaining weight to gaining a bit too much. I always managed it from the outside by talking her through it.

I'd say the past month really, I have had very little to do with her food. I don't remind her if she skips a snack or a meal comes quite late she does not miss a beat. She has days where she is more hungry and eats extra, but her weight is remarkably stable. We will head out the door with no plan for food and she will tell me not to worry about it. She will be fine. Seriously?

This week has been brutal as far as schedule ect. Long days testing at school. Late nights at the HS with Mckenna in playoffs and chorus concerts. I am barely functioning and she rocking it. Yes, there are lots of questions about peoples expressions and social interactions (apparently she can now 'read' faces and body language but is still learning how she should respond). Yes she has some sensory needs which shows me the neurology is continuing to connect. She no longer gets stuck on topics or questions... and can "take a subtle hint."

I guess, my mind goes to - if there is this big a shift in .... metabolism? something... then how can all that I am giving her not need to be adjusted? I have been managing and tweaking this stuff for 9 years and suddenly have no idea what I'm doing.  I mean, I wouldn't be pumping all this stuff in my other kids. Is there anything I give her that can be over done? I'm thinking labs are in our future, even it its just for Momma's sake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment