Friday, August 26, 2011

Whew!

You might think I am referring to the passing by of hurricane Irene, but not so much. The hurricane went north of us just dumping us with lots of water and a bit of wind. Thankful to be spared this one. It did make me think about the need for some real emergency plans with Ayden Jane and the need to have supplements, foods she can eat, gh.... Definitely need a really good cooler in case the power goes out!

What really has me happy to sit for a minute, however, is the room painting/rearranging. I absolutely LOVE Ayden Jane's room. She is so happy to have her own (okay, any) room. It was adorable today to watch and listen to her as she happily gathered her belongings from the living room and settled herself in the bedroom. "I love my new room Mom" So sweet.

Kayla and Mckenna now share a room. My mom took us shopping and we found some great bookself/cubby type things at Home Depot. They came with fun colored bins to mix and match. We used those to move Mckenna into Kayla's room. She is mostly settled and it all fits pretty well. Hopefully it will still fit well when Kayla comes home from college!

Noah's room got a good cleaning and a bit of painting. He is still unsure of just what he wants to do in there but I am sure his creative side will come up with something.

Gary and will shortly have a room to ourselves!! Yippee! I still have a lot to do in our room including moving all of Ayden Jane's clothes... into her new room but I can just feel the space about to expand.

The only part I am a bit concerned about is what Ayden Jane will do if she wakes up at night. I think Gary and I will have to sleep with the door open and I definitely need to get a baby gate (that is easier to maneuver than our current one) to put across the hallway. Basically, we have one hallway back to all the bedrooms so I figure as long as we block it off, Ayden Jane will have to get one of us up if she needs anything.

I guess like everything else in PWS, with independence come some dangers. You know like the fact that she already fell from the top bunk in her new room today and climbed the new cubbies and tipped them on herself. Uggg.

No comments:

Post a Comment