Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm Not Really Hungry

I NEVER get tired of hearing Ayden Jane say the words, "I'm not really hungry."  Yep, that's right.  I am still hearing these words often these days.

Last night after a full day of school and then soccer practice and playing on the playground I asked AJ if she wanted to swing by Chik fi a.  I know... not a good choice to offer such things to my sweet little PWS child, but she had eaten a hard boiled egg, cheese stick and a few grapes for lunch at noon.  Then some nuts at 4:30.  It was now 7:30 and it was a half hour ride home.  Any kid should have been starving!

At first Ayden Jane said, "that would be great!"  I fully expected that answer...  Then a few minutes down the road she said,  "Mom, can we just go home and have some nuts or something?  I'm not really hungry."

No, I did not end up swerving off the road.  I did, however, pretend I didn't hear her and asked her to repeat it just so I could hear her say it again  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment