Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Our New Life

Ayden Jane continues to do well and love grade 4. I am missing her. Missing getting in her classroom or visiting her at lunch and putting faces to the names I hear. I feel sort of disconnected. I remind myself how amazing it is I can be disconnected and Ayden Jane still doing fantastic.

I mean, we still have no working kitchen so I have not been able to provide meals ect that would be best. I have no part in picking her up or after school snacks. I don't even see her in the morning. It's all sort of strange. For the past 10 years she has been so dependent on me. It is good, but strange. She is functioning without me and, although there will be some improvements coming in the food category, she is doing fine.

Additionally, I had a WOW moment last weekend. We went to Mckenna's soccer game in Columbia. It was HOT. I was hot, and I am always the last one to be hot. In years past, I would likely not have even attempted to attend the game because I would have known Ayden Jane could not handle the heat. This summer, I just didn't notice heat being a problem for AJ. I didn't think that much of it and I had taken for granted how much better she handles the heat. Sunday really confirmed it for me though, we were out there for nearly 2.5 hours with zero shade and she was totally fine. Thanks Pitolisant.

Tomorrow, off to Shriner's! Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment