Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Chronic

Parenting Ayden Jane can truly be exhausting. She is high maintenance. There is managing food, managing meds, making sure she gets enough exercise and enough sleep, watching for signs of illness, helping her sort through the social scene, supporting her academics.... The list goes on. 

It is truly a labor of love. 

When things are going smoothly and she looks good, feels good, behavior is good and she is being successful it is still tiring but so rewarding. When she is in a slump, for whatever reason, it is plain exhausting and burdensome. 

We are currently in a bit of a slump. For Ayden Jane a slump means I stress about every bite she eats. I obsess over every step of exercise. I  worry about every school assignment. I agonize over every bump in the road she may come across, causing her to get upset. I think and rethink through all of her supplements and micro nutrients. Ugh... 

Yes, I am fully aware this is not helpful. Well, in my head I am aware....

It is typical of this time of year for Ayden Jane to be at this point. This year it was mostly brought on by the extended illness... and I know in my head it will all even out as spring and summer return. I guess I had myself psyched up for a winter where this did not happen. A winter where there was not winter slump and we could begin the new year already in great shape and ready to extend to new heights. 

Time to pull up the boot straps, be thankful that for Ayden Jane a slump is just that. Not the end of smooth sailing, just an interruption and we will get back on track in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment