Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pooh's Thoughtful Spot

Yesterday I went to pick Ayden Jane up from school a little early. No real reason, just poor timing so that was when I was going by the school... I went inside to peek at her in the classroom and I saw she was sitting in "pooh's thoughtful spot." Yep. Time out. I quickly slipped out of sight as I did not want to free her from discipline! The director saw me and told me to go right ahead and visit her in the class. I explained AJ's situation. She assured me that Ayden Jane never is in any trouble and sometimes she just likes to sit there. I wasn't so sure. She asked quickly as she went by and sure enough, it was Ayden Jane's first official bad day at school. Is it wrong that I was happy about this? I know that sounds weird, but for Ayden Jane to get in trouble means she was asserting herself in one way or another and was likely very verbal.

The teacher explained that it had been a long day of wanting to things AJ's way... and choosing not to listen. Sounds about right to me!! Nothing in particular was awful, just trying to find a way to win the battle. To me it is just one more way in which she is 'typical' 3. On the way to school today she told me, "I not gonna sit in the spot. I gonna listen." Best part is, as far as I can tell she followed through. (truth is, I think she needs a good swim)

No comments:

Post a Comment