Monday, May 9, 2011

Carnitine continued

So we arrived at a plan to increase the carnitine and change the form a bit. We are going to switch from using only the pure carnitine fumarate to including this: http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-CarnitAll-600-90-Veggie-Caps/4330?at=0 It is Jarrow's CarnitAll. This is a capsule form with several forms... in it all ready. Part of me wanted to use separate ones to see the response from different forms... but I am not sure how well I would be able to piece it out at this point anyway so I am just going to hit this pathway from all sides.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Amount Per Serving%DV
L-Carnitine Fumarate600 mg*
L-Carnitine350 mg
Fumaric Acid250 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate dihydrochloride200 mg*
Acetyl-L-Carnitine90 mg
Arginine80 mg
GPLC (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine)200 mg*
Propionyl-L-Carnitine132 mg
Glycine46 mg
Chloride22 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine Taurinate hydrochloride200 mg*
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
111 mg
Taurine69 mg
Hydrochloride20 mg
* Daily Value not established.

So far I have just used the same form and raised the dosage from 500mg to 750mg per day. The bump in gh and iron was also settling in and I must say AJ was WILD. She has now sort of settled in and is no longer spilling, tripping on things or running into things constantly. Hooray for Body awareness! Ayden Jane even walked fast and ran a good portion of a 'walk' tonight. We always take the wagon and AJ walks some, runs some and rides. Tonight she ran ahead of me and pulled the wagon for the better part of a half mile!

I have found that I need to give her the second dose of carnitine before 4 pm or she does not sleep well. Yes, lesson learned the hard way.

Phase 2 of the master plan begins today as we start to switch to/add in the new form. I figure it will take about a week to switch over and get things balanced where I want them. Okay, maybe longer but hopefully not too long. It will just depend on how AJ handles the change in her system. She has always reacted to changes/increases with a bit of wild or out of control behavior. I think I see myself giving her half a capsule of each, Carnitine Fumarate and CarnitALL, morning and afternoon. That will give her the full 500 mg of CF daily from that capsule plus about 200 from the new capsule (keeping her at 700 daily). All the other forms will be added in a low dose.

1 comment:

  1. I recently started Isaac on a different carnitine fumarate 500 mg(we did liquid before but this was a veggie cap) and I swear the boy was awake forever. I split it up now after reading your posts - I swear I'd become a morning supplement giver only too. Its insane how much energy he has with the stuff. Hope your new dose works great for AJ!!! Thanks for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete