Friday, May 6, 2011

Funny Stuff

I am so far behind and I truly have things I want to address, but it has been the sort of week that just requires comic relief. For once it is not PWS that I need comic relief from, but Ayden Jane has been a grand source of the comedy.

Today. As part of my mother's day gift from Ayden Jane (preschool) she gave me a packet of flower seeds. The whole flower theme was adorable and AJ was so excited that we absolutely HAD to go immediately and get some 'dirt' to plant them in and find the perfect spot. On the way AJ started to remove her shoes. Again. I told her she had to have shoes on to go in and get the dirt with me but she told me her feet were too itchy. One shoe and sock now off... I tried again telling her that she could take her shoes off after we got the dirt, but that the hardware store had tools and things that made it unsafe without shoes. Ayden Jane just told me, "it's okay Mommy, you can just go through the drive through to get the dirt and I won't need shoes." Where does she come up with this?

Yesterday. Noah was headed to soccer training. He asked AJ for a hug before he left and she told him she didn't have any more. (she pretends she has to buy them at walmart) She said she would get some more and give him one when he came back. About 3 hours later Noah returned and Ayden Jane ran to him with arms open wide yelling, "Noah, I have more hugs for you!"

Questions. Ayden Jane used to drive me crazy with the same questions over and over. Now she is driving me crazy with much harder to answer questions. Let's see, "why God made me?" Obviously she did not have deep theological meaning behind this, but if she only knew where this question takes me!? That is a whole other post. How about, "why the sky blue?" Or, "why is sugar bad for me?" Or maybe, "how many animals there are?" Just try answering with I don't know and she will ask, of course, "why you don't know?" When AJ gets tired she avoids sleep by talking/questioning. If we are in the car and it is quiet, Ayden Jane FINALLY fell asleep.

I will get back to carnitine and PWS yuck another day. Today I just need to enjoy the funny stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I was helping Sophie with her homework one day, and we got totally sidetracked because she started asking me questions - like, "what is air?" and "what is space?". Oy....

    ReplyDelete