Monday, July 25, 2011

PWS Family

Often times when we are connecting online... the families who are affected by PWS often refer to themselves or are referred to as one big PWS family. There are some definite things that cause us to feel like a family. None of us asked to be a part, just like we are born into our own families, we were born or are related by birth into the PWS family. We are connected, like it or not (and by the way I have to say I have loved getting to know our PWS family!).

Just like family, we are closer to some than others, but we deeply feel the pain each other suffers and we love to rejoice in each others triumphs. It amazes me how hard it is to hear that a little one is struggling with hunger issues, scoliosis, behavioral issues... you name it. Not to offend my friends who have all typical children, but seriously, it is ridiculous how it pains my heart to hear of the struggles our PWS kids. On the flip side, it can make my week to hear about how a little one finally has thrown aside his walker and is daily transforming into a full time, gettin' into everything walker. (Go Dean!)

I find myself a little bit addicted to cheering these kids on, praying for them, doing what we can to raise money for research. I sometimes wish I could just travel around and visit all of them. Since that isn't happening, I will just continue to enjoy pictures, stories and the connection we have walking this crazy journey.

So, to all those of you who are part of this journey because your personal family has been touched by PWS, I will be cheering for you! For all of you who are walking this journey with us simply because Ayden Jane has stolen your heart BLESS YOU. We can use all the help we can get.

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree. That's why I agree to be the IPWSO delegate in HK. We don't have any self help group yet locally. Hope to get contact with other families later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Ayden Jane is an amazing, courageous strong and determined fighter. She is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. She is an amazing, special and precious, earthly angel, who is touching every life she comes in contact with. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have been diagnosed with 12 other illnesses. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete