Sunday, September 4, 2011

Into EVERYTHING

Okay, so I am not sure if this is PWS or just Ayden Jane, but this kid is driving me crazy with getting into things. Sure, food is scary from a PWS stand point of not having an off switch, but I don't think the times she has gotten into the pantry really have anything to do with 'food seeking'. I know, how can that be? She is getting into a pantry and 'foraging' for food! Well, the couple of times she has done so have been days where I lost track of time and the kid was WAY past meal time. Also she has gotten into foods that she is allowed to eat. An example is yesterday when she nearly emptied a container of almonds. There are gold fish, crackers, cereal, cereal bars.... all in the pantry that the other kids eat. She didn't touch any of them. The trouble is just amount and needing to reinforce that she has to ask...

So what is she getting into that has me crazy? Lotion. Any bottle of it, anywhere, anytime; sunscreen; shaving cream; soap; shampoo... Turn your head and she is covered.

Cars. She wants to play in any of them and will find lotion... (see above) or anything. Yes, we are now locking them in the driveway. She has slipped out on these hot days and closed herself in one before I managed to get a load of laundry in the washer.

Climbing. Top of the closet, all over any one of us, on the back of the sofa, up the bookshelf (yes it fell on her), up the bunk bed ladder (then jumped off because she was playing 'ribbit', and landed on said bookshelf), the outside of the trampoline, up her dresser by pulling out drawers, uses stools to get to counters or in high cabinets...

I think you are getting the picture. AJ is the youngest of 4 and I KNOW my other 3 did not get into things like she does. I have no solutions, but thanks for letting me whine. I get that I should be thrilled that she is not yet 4 and so capable.... and I will be in the morning after a good nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment