Sunday, January 31, 2010

PWS or TWO?

Ayden Jane definitely has been 'after' food the past two days. Now if it were any of my other kids, I would respond with a thought that they were headed for a growth spurt or just trying to be independent... With Ayden Jane it is hard not to panic that difficult days are ahead. What has prompted these thoughts? Her first thought of the day was, "I want snack." Usually when she gets up she is content to play a while. She asked for food lots of times today. Again, two year olds do tend to do that. She finished all of what I gave her. She rarely does that. Then there was the time she went and got her stool from the living room and took it to the kitchen to scope out the counters.... Hmmmm definitely need to be sure to keep all food put away.

We are in a great place right now with weight. I email the PWS clinic in FL once a month with her height and weight and they keep an extra eye on her between Dr. appointments. They like to track her weight for height percentile and Ayden Jane's was 25th. That is right where they want it. I guess that means she is a bit light for her height right now which is great.

I suppose I need to calm myself and get Ayden Jane back on a good schedule for food and monitor just how much she is eating. I guess I have been pretty slack about that. She really needs to eat about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours, but the snacks can be quite small. I have been sort of bad about letting her stretch this out and then she wants to over eat to compensate. Looks like we will be tightening the reigns around here a bit.

Hopefully in a few days I will be posting that it is a false alarm and that Ayden Jane is back to her old self again.

No comments:

Post a Comment