Friday, January 22, 2010

You will have to forgive me for jumping around a bit tonight. First, Running for Ayden Jane update -- the fund raising side. I will be running in a very special shirt with the names of about 40 kids with pws on it. It was a little idea at first which has grown into really cool part, for me at least. I feel like I will be running with 40 pairs of angels wings seeing me through to the end. My big kids have really gotten into this idea and are all excited to wear a shirt too. Mckenna looked at the list of names and asked, "are all those kids just like Ayden Jane?" She was amazed to read the names and feel like maybe Ayden Jane isn't the only one in the world made this way. It was very special to her and she is excited to have a part in the project. I will be taking Noah to soccer out of state tomorrow and Kayla and Mckenna will be taking the design... to a friend who does shirts... They will do a great job.

Gary's contribution to the project was to be sort of 'public relations'. Well, so far he has managed to put me smack in the middle of an interview with the local paper. NOT supposed to be my job. Apparently I will have to continue to live outside my comfort zone. Why can't I just run quietly with my own thoughts...

As for Ayden Jane the big new is she has started 'school'. It is really a mom's morning out program, but it is located where she will attend preschool next year. She LOVES it. She is only going Thurs. mornings so she has gone twice. The first day she was a bit quiet, but the teacher said Ayden Jane would tap her on the arm to tell her something and then just look at her with those great big eyes but not say anything. Ayden Jane did not say much about school the first day, but was definitely interested in going on the next Thurs. This time I went to pick her up and she saw me, smiled and then moved to the middle of the carpet and started to dance. Apparently they had been doing some dancing to music and Ayden Jane loved it. She told the teachers bye bye and and thank you and then turned around half way out the door and ran back in. She said, "back again? Ayden Jane back again?" She was checking to be sure she could come back to play again. All the way home she was trying to sing something but I still have no idea what it was. It was a big win all the way around. Our house even has clean bathrooms now! Amazing what can be accomplished in a couple of childless hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment