Monday, January 11, 2010

So as I read about other kids with PWS I frequently hear how happy they tend to be. Honestly, at first I figured a lot of that was the tremendous amount of love and attention they often require and the joy they bring when they accomplish new tasks. I don't mean to diminish the joy and pride I felt for my other kids as they accomplished new milestones, but somehow with the added struggle, you just get a pay off of tremendous joy at new tricks with special needs kids. When she was tiny I could have thrown a party the first time she was able to hold her head up! The older Ayden Jane gets, however, I wonder if there is more to it. Our Ayden Jane just loves to laugh. She teases, hides, chases, runs away with items, begs for us to play 'gotcha' with her... She is just so playful by nature. I guess it could be that she would have been this way even with the right combination of genes on chromosome 15. I guess that is one of the questions we will ask over and over, "Is it Ayden Jane or PWS?" In the end the cause doesn't really matter. She is the amazing little Ayden Jane God intended her to be. She is challenging, exhausting, amazing, joyous,... our blessing.

1 comment: