Thursday, August 5, 2010

Another Day in Paradise

I took Mckenna and Ayden Jane to the beach today. We went in the morning (well not as morning as I would have liked, but alas, we got there). The ocean was still fairly glassy and although the waves were not big, they were breaking well. What does that mean? It means Mckenna was able to catch wave after wave. Ayden Jane played at the edge of the water for a bit and would stand up and cheer for Mckenna when she noticed her standing on her board surfing. It was very cute.

We took the standard walk that AJ is now hooked on. We go about a 1/2 mile(?) down the beach and back. I am not sure if I cover a mile, but I know Ayden Jane does! She runs ahead, comes back, runs to the water... She amazes me every time as she makes her way back.

Today when we got back from our walk, Ayden Jane found a tide pool. The tide was coming in so although it was mostly a puddle at first it kept getting deeper. She played for an hour as the water kept coming up. By the end, she was running through water up to her hips, lying on her belly with waves crashing over her and 'swimming' with her finger tips on the bottom. I really needed to do therapy out there: side steppin' and high kneel to half kneel... She was just so stinking cute and happy with her sand, shells and ocean.

On a sensory note, I must say Jen awakened some new nerve endings/connections/whatevers. After therapy yesterday we went swimming. Ayden Jane was in such a hurry she ran off the edge of the pool accidentally several times, wanted squished constantly and was touching everything! I guess I have a lot of homework this week to get all the new connections groovin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment