Monday, August 2, 2010

Back on Track

Okay, honesty. We have had a LOT of fun this summer, Ayden Jane has been doing well, I have thoroughly enjoyed all my kids, not having so much of a schedule has been great... it has been spontaneous summer fun.

So what do I need to back on track with? Therapies and supplements and a food schedule. It is wonderful to finally be at a place where I can get away with 'cheating' a little and not pay a big price but it is a bit like when you skipped your first couple of classes in college. (Not that any of you would know what I am talking about) It was a bit hard to skip the first one because you had this fear of what would happen. You finally get up the courage or just get lazy enough to skip your first class. Hey, your still in college, no one lectured you, you do not have to pack your bags... The next class is easier to skip, and so on, then you realize you have gotten slack.

So let's see. Therapy. We do have it still weekly, but I have not done my 'homework' as well as I should. I know it makes a big difference but... Supplements. I used to do most supplements divided into 3 doses daily. Early in the summer I worked it down to 2, which was great but likely not best for Ayden Jane. It is likely effective for summer because I never know where we will be for lunch so it is better to have 2 times. That is, if we give her the supplements both of those times... Do you see a pattern? I ran out of the ribose last week and just ordered it today! There was a time when I would stay up nights worrying that AJ got the exact amount of everything at the perfect time like she would blow up if I was the tiniest bit off? Lastly, food schedule. Food what? That should explain it.

So what effects do I see in Ayden Jane from all of this chaos? Surprisingly not too much, but I would say the last week I have definitely noticed some issues with 'emotional stability'. She gets upset and yells at the drop of a hat. It is enough oddly different from a typical toddler/preschooler tantrum that I feel it is PWS related. I feel bad for AJ because I am sure she is feeling a bit out of control and it is my fault. We played really hard the past couple of days and Ayden Jane hit her peak of exhausted. She spent the morning getting upset with Mckenna, was not so playful at the playground, took a good nap but then fell asleep at 6:00. She is still sound asleep and will likely make it til morning. She has NEVER gone to bed that early.

So the plan is let her sleep long and hard and begin to get back on track with consistency. 'Food schedules' will come back into play in a couple of weeks when school starts. I need to schedule therapy time for the 2 of us and maybe even head back to dividing doses by 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment