Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fun Weekend/Back to School

Well, we had a great weekend. Sat. involved playing on the playground while pretending to watch Noah play soccer. Then a bit of shopping. After we came home Ayden Jane was in a great mood, but very much needing some contact. Noah was on his bed in his room and AJ was totally teasing him and doing anything to get him to wrestle, tickle, chase, squish, throw her... He finally looked at me and said, "Mom, you really need to take this kid swimming." Mckenna and I were already planning on it so off we went.

We did not plan to stay long because it was going on 7 when we left, but Mckenna had some friends show up and they were having a great time. Ayden Jane did her thing and hung in there a long time. It was nearly 9 when we came in the house. I told AJ, "how about we just put your diaper on now (still wear diapers for night time), then brush your teeth." She answered, "Okay Mom. I just need to lay down a minute." Well, I think she was snoring in 20 sec.

Today we hit the beach. We stayed out a good while. Mckenna surfed and Kayla hung out in the water with her. Very sweet of her as the waves were not nearly big enough for Kayla to ride. Ayden Jane and I played in the shallow waters near the edge. AJ was quite mellow for most of the time but had her spurts of swimming and playing with Mckenna. She was funny as she met someone new and did her stare and take it all in routine. Strange how she just has nearly no affect while taking it all in. Then once she gets things all sorted out to her satifaction, she is back in action. I guess one day I will have to teach her that it is not very polite, but for now I am just hoping she is cute enough that no one gets offended.

Tomorrow it is off to school for our first real week. We will go Mon., Tue, Thurs, Fri. AJ has horse back riding Tue. nights and PT on Wed. morning so we will skip school that day. For now I will have to pick her up a bit early on friday for speech, but in a month we will transition to the elementary school so who knows! I mentioned to her tonight that she had school tomorrow and she was so excited. I am glad she is excited because I know I am! Seriously? Four mornings a week to myself? Could it be true?

No comments:

Post a Comment