Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Marathon Fundraiser

I have been quietly running in preparation for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. It is coming up on me quickly and, as usual, I am wondering what I was thinking when I signed up for this thing!!

Anyway, there is just something so appropriate about a marathon as a symbol of a successful life with PWS that just makes sense to me. They both require discipline, patience, dedication, commitment... There are goals set along the way and reaching them is cause for celebration. You get the picture.

Over the course of the next couple of weeks my training will peek with 2 more runs of 20 miles a piece as part of the training schedule. It is grueling, but I do enjoy the time to think and reflect and feel like I am doing what I can. Hey, I would like to have the brain to solve this thing on my own, but at least there are amazingly brilliant people out there who are zeroing in on this thing. I figure if I can give them a few dollars to use their giant brains on Ayden Jane's behalf than I run I will.

If you are willing to join me on behalf of Ayden Jane or any of the people out there with PWS click on the link (hopefully I will attach it right)

No comments:

Post a Comment