Monday, January 17, 2011

Roller Skating, Almost

I took Mckenna, a friend and Ayden Jane to a local roller skating rink. I wasn't sure how it would work for AJ, but I figured why not give it a try. Ayden Jane was really excited to go and skate. She was thrilled to put the skates on. She did great walking around in them on the carpet. She was chanting the usual, I do it myself, I skate by myself.... They had a little trainer thing to help so out on the floor we went. Too much traffic, too much noise and one fall shortly into it and Ayden Jane was officially, ALL DONE!

Now I am not completely insane. The skating rink has another section of "soft play" that has a giant slide, some jumpy houses and a really cool tree house sort of thing that is really cool. Off we went to play over there and let the big girls skate.

I do really wish she would have had a bit of fun on the skates before she fell. I really think if she would have had a little success first, then she would have popped up and kept skating. Then again, maybe I am a bit nuts for taking a 3 yr. old to a crowded skating rink when she has never actually been on skates before.

On another note, I have backed off just a tad on the iron. I am splitting an 18 mg iron capsule by 3 days instead of 2. It seems to have calmed AJ down a bit and she has been.... peaceful. I did not say calm and quiet, just that she is under control and happy. Sort of an inner peace. Today she skipped her nap, since we were at the skating rink, and was happy all day until I put her in bed at 7. No temper flares, no arguing, no whining... (okay, a little whining). The other thing that Kayla actually pointed out the other day is that her stutter is completely gone. If you look back to the fall, she was stuttering pretty significantly. I didn't really stress at that point, but I can honestly say it is gone and don't even remember the last time she did. Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment