Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beach and Eating Update

First the fun stuff. It was absolutely beautiful today so we headed to the beach. It has been a relief with all my kids when they get to the age that the beach is fun! I am thinking this is going to be a great summer. Mckenna is so excited about surfing she went out there today in the cold water even though the waves were, well, non existent. She will be willing to hit the beach for hours at a time this summer!

Ayden Jane is now a fan of the sand. It will take some time for the water to warm up to where she can handle it but hopefully it won't take until July like last summer! She was so excited to 'go surfin' today and was very distressed when the water was too cold for her to get past her ankles. Luckily there was a great tide pool that had warmed up nicely. AJ dug in the dirt, splashed in the water and collected shells in her bucket. So much fun.

As for 'eating like AJ', I have had good days and bad. I have discovered that I have become a pretty much non stop snacker. I can't say whether this is due to the 'sneak' factor of eating snacks around AJ or if is just from training for the marathon. I guess likely both. It is hard to spend sooo much time with AJ and manage to eat the calories required for the training without constantly feeding her. Solution became pretty much never walking through the kitchen without grabbing something. Usually that something was some sort of 'bar' or cereal or trail mix or bagel or cracker.... whatever is pre made and not messy. So far I have replaced much of this snacking with just waiting or with fruit and vegetables. I find as long as I don't start down the munchy road I am fine. "Just a few" does not work for me. Those few only magnify my craving (and yes, to date I cave probably 90% of the time)... Also, I have noticed how beneficial water is. I think that sometimes I grab a snack when, in fact, a glass of water is what my body is really looking for, just that I have destroyed its ability to read the signals. The other good positive so far is that I want good meat and vegetable suppers so I am way more motivated to make them happen. That is a great benefit to all of us. Did I mention I just do not like to cook? Oh, yea, several times...


No comments:

Post a Comment