Sunday, March 27, 2011

Car Seat Better and Conversation

Well, we had a soccer weekend with Mckenna. This means Ayden Jane spent some extended car seat time getting to the fields... The past couple of trips we have taken have really caused some horrible posture in the days following the trip but I have a new weapon. A car seat that fits AJ much better. So far so good! The trip was not quite as far as the recent ones but I am still happy to say that AJ's belly is not hanging too far. I can see a bit of a difference, but more in line with - wow, that was a long day sort of stuff. Sure hoping she does great on the long trip to Gainesville in a couple of weeks.

Ayden Jane has begun to get much better at conversation. As a result, I have started to weed out her go to phrases and replace them with things slightly more socially acceptable. Here is an example of what I mean. Nice older person in line sees AJ and says: Hello there pretty girl. AJ responds: What your name? Nice lady: Mary, what's yours? AJ: How old are you? Nice lady: Well, I am old enough. What did you say is your name? AJ: What color your eyes. You get the picture. Ayden Jane is just processing this nice lady and not listening to what she is saying or truly conversing with her in any way. Now, when a conversation like this occurs, I jump in and tell Ayden Jane she has to answer the question she is asked before she can ask another one. Also, we have talked about the question 'how old are you?' and she is now replacing it with 'how are you?' I have been amazed at how quickly she has made the transition. I think she was just ready, but didn't know how else to have a 'conversation'. She is proving to learn quickly once again. She is really getting the hang of 'small talk'. It is pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute that she keeps asking questions! I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete