Monday, March 19, 2012

Car Riding

So, Ayden Jane has spent a lot of time in the car the past 2 weekends.  One thing we know for sure is that she is different from my other kids!  First of all, she will NOT watch a movie.  I was so excited for about 20 min. when she was watching a movie for the first time and I thought it might stick.  I said I was excited for 20 min. because that's how long it lasted.

I know I should be happy that she is busy and prefers to be creative and play with toys... than to veg to a movie, but geez!  Would one hour be too much to ask?

She fights sleep.  On the trip to Richmond, we arrived at 10.  Starting at about 7:30 which is when I can usually start to wind her down for bed if she hasn't napped, she began fighting sleep.  How do you fight sleep in a car you ask?  T A L K.  When you run out of topics, just ask the same questions you already asked, just be sure not to stop talking...  Yep, over 2 hours worth.

On the trip to Columbia, we left at 5 in the morning.  Ayden Jane usually sleeps until 7 and I have often done trips where we just pluck kids out of bed in the dark and they just go right back to sleep in the car.  Ummm not so much for Ayden Jane.  I felt bad for Mckenna who had 2 soccer games to play and was sort of counting on a couple extra hours of car ride sleep.

Sometimes I think a little day time sleepiness could be used to my advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment