Friday, September 28, 2012

A Tale of Antibiotics

Ayden Jane was on the Amoxicillin for 6 days.  There was improvement.  Behavior was better, but not quite herself.  Less hungry, less anxious, less snoring, better energy... but still just not quite herself.  As for the cough?  Green goo?  Barely put a dent in them.

I took her back to the pediatrician today because I just didn't see 4 more days of amox. winning the battle.  Sort of like it is strong enough to make things tolerable and keep the infection under control, but not strong enough to actually kill it.  We have put her on Augmentin and if this works, we will likely never use the first course of antibiotics again.  I was hoping I caught this one early enough... but I guess it just doesn't work that way.

I started the Augmentin last night, so here's hoping by tomorrow morning the thick green goo is thinned out or gone!  Hoping my happy go lucky kid, full of energy and silliness returns to her crazy self.

1 comment:

  1. Power to Augmentin! Dean is still on Omnicef and I'm kind of thinking what you're thinking about it making things a lot better but not necessarily killing it....

    ReplyDelete