Monday, March 4, 2013

IEP Time

Thursday this week I have an IEP meeting for Ayden Jane.  I will get the results of her re evaluation that was done recently along with the recommendations of the school.  Honestly, I don't need much in the way of services, I just want her to be able to continue seeing Mrs. S for OT.

Here is the crazy circle I am in though.  In order to get OT 'related services' you have to have an IEP.  Needing OT is not reason enough to get OT.  So, we have enjoyed OT for the past year because Ayden Jane qualified for an IEP due to speech and language delay.  She no longer has a speech or language delay...  Hmmmm.  She is not cognitively delayed...  She does not appear to have emotional issues and even if she did, they are not disrupting her learning....

I am hoping that we will qualify as Other Health Impaired (OHI) but I am not really sure how that works.  Obviously she can be on a 504 to cover any food or anxiety related issues, but she would not get the OT she truly needs.  Guess a little reading on the state standards of OHI is in order :)

No comments:

Post a Comment