Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ahh the Weekend

Weekends are great, of course, but there is even more reason for me to love a weekend these days. I get spend time around Ayden Jane. I see first hand how she is doing. I try to pick out the little nuances of what Pitolisant may or may not be doing for her.

Yesterday we started our day with a dog walk and errands. Dog walks serve a dual purpose as they are obviously exercise, but even more than that they are wide open, one on one, talk time. We usually walk about 45 minutes or so and Ayden Jane talks the entire time. Some days it's boring, making up stuff to talk about rambling. Lots of days its her time to really work through the mysteries of life. She just seems to talk through things better when she is on the move and other distracts like electronic and family fade away.

We headed out and I had in my mind the challenges she has been having expressing all that is going on in that little head of hers. One thing I learned quickly is that she is not short on words! She rattled on and was enjoyable. She is actually really getting into competition. She is following Mckenna's soccer team and tells me who plays where and how they are the best at that position. Some is pretty spot on and some is entirely made up. She is definitely the teams biggest fan though, and has obviously really watched the past couple of games. I have had basketball on a fair amount and she loves it too. She has reasons for the different teams she picks in different games. No, I'm not saying it has anything to do with Pitolisant, it's just fun to chat with her and have her really understand the game.

After the walk we made pizza for her and did a bit of shopping. Finally, we took a bike ride to the library to exchange books. I notice her energy is much more even. Supper time has been pushed back a bit to more like 6:00, which is good because bed time has been pushed back a fair amount. (she used to go to bed shortly after 6)

It is a little comical because she gets bored sometimes with the added energy and hours in the day to fill. She has not had much practice with time to kill and energy to just do something for fun to entertain herself. She had been pushing to get things done in her awake/alert moments because she did not have enough time.

All in all, she is doing great and I am super excited to see how this week goes. I am curious what mrs. m will see at school. I am curious to see how homework goes. I am curious to see how swim team goes. I am curious to see if any weight or body composition changes begin. I am curious to see if the improvements in temperature regulation continue. I am curious to see if she passes her multiplication timed tests haha. Guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment