Thursday, March 16, 2017

Temperature Regulation

For those of you who have followed Ayden Jane over the years, you have come to know that the child has some strange temperature regulation issues. She will run around outside with no coat and no shoes when everyone else is totally bundled. It's a known thing and I'm sure most people think she does not even own a coat (or that her parents are slack)

I distinctly remember when I fought with her and made her wear a coat in the past. We went on a dog walk. It was after dark and I layered up because it was cold. Ayden Jane did not want to wear a coat but I convinced her. We made it down the road a ways and she asked to take it off because she was hot. I didn't believe her at first but sure enough her hands were even warm. I touched her back and she was so warm she was sweating. I listened better after that.

Of course, there were times I was pretty sure she was cold but just wanted to prove her point. All in all though, I would be sure she was cold and then feel her arms. Warm. If she wore long sleeves or long pants to school she would overheat in the classroom.

I think the odd part to me is that she does not particularly overheat in summer. It seems to be more related to clothing than actual temperature.

So, this evening when it was upper 40s, Ayden Jane surprised us all. She just said it's kind of cold out so I'm going to wear pants and a coat. Oh my. Once the shock wore off I just agreed that it was a good idea and didn't make a fuss of it. She was great at the game and ran around with a couple other younger siblings and never once took off her coat or even looked flushed or over heated. When we got home she came in and was playing a game on the ipad. She sat down on the sofa and didn't even take the coast off. Added layers in a warm house....

So, why the change? Well guess what one of the area's regulated, at least in part, by H3r.  Yep. It has to be pitolisant.

No comments:

Post a Comment