Saturday, March 11, 2017

Party Weekend

Ayden Jane is following up her insanely busy week with a birthday party on Saturday and one on Sunday. This girl loves a party.

Today we bumped her Wakix up to 18mg. In theory she should be wide awake and going full steam. In reality, she was tired and went to bed early. This is wear life makes the "control" part of the experiment difficult. I mean, just yesterday was her last day of medication for the pneumonia. She (we) went super hard this week with school, after school activities, make-up work, 2 high school soccer games, out to supper, Noah home on spring break.... I know I'm tired!! I took myself a nice little nap.

I will use a "situation" as an example today of a challenge Ayden Jane has, particularly when she is tired. I told her she had a follow up at the pediatrician on Monday. She asked some questions about why and proceeded to get very upset. What she was saying and her reaction did not match. I gave her a minute to calm down and then pushed the issue. Finally, she said, she didn't want to miss any more school because she is just catching up. I told her we could change the appointment and do it after school and poof. She was back to excited to walk the dogs and get on with our day!

It is so aggravating and I am not sure where the glitch is. It is like she does not want to say the 'real' underlying issue so she makes up something else as a reason for ... oh I don't even know. This sort of talking around issues without giving you the real meat gets frustrating for everyone. I need to write a few down.

I can say for certain that it is something that happens much more often when she is tired. Then again, she would find a reason to argue with a brick wall when she is tired too.

As for the birthday party. I dropped her off. I have no idea what she ate but I trusted her. She was at a party of a boy in her class and most of her class was there. I was happy that it was a between lunch and supper party with popcorn and fruit for snacks. She brought some dark chocolate for cake time. When I got there she was finishing up some fruit and headed out to play on the zipline in the back yard. It was nice because it was one of those moments where you could not pick her out as any different from her peers.

I am looking forward to Pitolisant making those sorts of moments the norm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment