Sunday, July 11, 2010

Change

Strange day. I am not going into details because, well, not the place... Just that the reality of change is definitely upon me. Not that it is necessarily bad, just that to move to new things we have to leave some old ones behind. (NO we are not moving). I know that is true of anything. Sort of like when the kids left preschool and moved to 'big school' there was the excitement of the newness and pride of accomplishment. It cannot be helped, though, that they left some beloved things behind. That is the sort of moving on I mean.

It just seems to be everywhere for me. Mckenna moves to an new school, Ayden Jane starts the wonderful adventure of preschool and is exiting early intervention, Kayla is a senior and is looking toward college, Noah is already heading for his sophomore year. I am on the cusp of having all my kids in school and me not working! An accomplishment 17 years in the making.

Some circumstances here have caused me to think back over the past 20+ years and I am struck by how different things are now. Not bad different, although there are some things I think we used to do better... Just different. I miss terribly some of the simple things from those years and many of the friends. I think I am ready. I guess I realized that to move forward does not erase the things left behind. They will always be a part of my heart and that will be enough. After all, there is so much left to see and do and enjoy and meet. I choose to embrace change.

No comments:

Post a Comment