Monday, July 12, 2010

Just one of those moments

Ayden Jane was getting quite rambunctious this afternoon so I figured when our neighbors picked up Mckenna for swim team practice, I would take Ayden Jane to our pool. I asked her, "Ayden Jane, would you come swimming with Mommy? I would love to have someone come swim with me." Ayden Jane answered very matter of fact, "sure. I go swim with you." We headed to find our swimin' suits and on the way Ayden Jane just blew me away. She stopped, turned, looked straight at me and said, "Mom, thank you for asking me to go swimmin' with you. I love to go swimmin' with you."

I know my big kids said adorable things when they were little, but there is just something beyond magical when Ayden Jane strings together words spoken clearly and with a sense of connection and conversation. It honestly nearly brought me to tears. I still do not really understand how communication can be so great one day... no, one moment and then not there the next. So what causes the blank stare and pause sometimes... Then other moments it as if the wall that is sometimes there is totally gone and soooo much personality comes pouring out. I guess I will just enjoy, keep working and hope that the trend of more communication and connection as time goes on continues.

Now, potty training, uggg. Ayden Jane gets the concept and does have muscle control to NOT go often but seems to have no concept of how to 'go' on demand... Basically, the problem is that she just does not pee often. She is more of a volume at very infrequent intervals kind of kid. This makes for very little practice! She will literally stay dry for hours then when she goes... no stopping it. I guess I cannot get too frustrated yet as I really have not officially started training, but I was hoping to have a couple of random successes to help us jump start the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment