Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blood Work

So this morning Gary, Ayden Jane and I went up to the hospital to have the blood drawn and sent out for genetic testing. Remember, yesterday I spent a good couple of hours working on all the precertification stuff. When I left, they had us preregistered, the fax number as to where to send for prior authorization and my phone number if there were any questions or anything else I needed to do. I tried to call late in the day but could not get through...

We were greeted this morning with, well, it looks like they did not fax the precertification paperwork because the lab work is being sent out. HELLO????!!!!! You are the exact person I sat in front of for 2 hours yesterday getting this straight! 'S' sent the paperwork to the department that precertifies... that department decided blah, blah, and S did not follow up as she assured me she would!!! She suggested we not do the blood draw today and we call Greenwood Genetics, the lab doing the testing and get them to do it. Hello? You have the lab orders from Dr. Pai in front of you get up off your ______ and fax them to the number I gave you yesterday after getting off the phone with them in front of you!!!! I told her there was no option. We had everything including courier service set up for today so she needed to fax those papers right now whether it was technically her job description or not. Her response? Oh, I guess I could do that. (with a tone much like eeyore)

Honestly, I have my doubts that the testing we are having done will be covered anyway so we just went ahead with it. We will see how it all comes out in the end.

AJ on the other hand, was hilarious. We told her we were there to 'give blood'. So every time we got up to do paper work, sit in a new waiting area... whatever, AJ skipped along saying LOUDLY, they gonna get my blood now? She now has great veins and is an easy stick! Not a whimper out of her and she was thrilled that she could get stickers after.

All that's left now is for mom to scramble and attempt to get the paperwork in order before the blood gets to greenwood!

No comments:

Post a Comment