Thursday, April 14, 2011

New Stuff

I will continue to update on the Sibling Study things as they come. It occurred to me, though, that Ayden Jane is learning a lot of new things right now and putting together pieces she has been working on for a while.

While at the study, Dr. Miller played with her and AJ showed she has all her colors and shapes down. She was identifying letters (she knows probably 1/2 of them with confidence). She is counting to 20 and totally gets the concept of counting. She gets lost if trying to count too many items, but you can ask her how many of something she has up to 5 or so and she will nail it 9 times out of ten. She has a GREAT vocabulary and her articulation must be improving because I did very little translating while I was there. She has gotten very good at using words when she is upset instead of just crying or yelling. She uses angry, sad, happy, frustrated, sleepy, hungry, ornery, itchy, hurt, scared and probably more than I can think of right now to describe how she is feeling. She wanted to do the MRI all by herself so we settled her in with Mickey Mouse. She went into the 'tube' and was still okay, but when the noise started she began to whimper, "I getting a little scared." She was great though. We stopped and I came in and lay with her (well, with the bottom half of her) and she tried again. This time we did the 5 little ducks story from memory and she fell asleep. (sorry for the tangent)

This morning I asked her to spell her name. Out popped, "A Y D E N"! Now writing it is a whole other story.

On the gross motor side, this spring she has conquered swinging by herself and pedaling a bike. I found her half way up a palmetto tree (like a palm tree but with lattice type bark) so I guess she is also climbing trees! I am not sure what else a 3 year should be doing although I am very ready to get her back in the swimming pool. Just a little longer for that water to warm up.

All in all, I think she can do pretty much everything she should be able to but maybe with a bit poorer quality. I will take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment