Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Excited About Labs

Lab work is a part of life with a kid who's a bit medically complicated.  Since Ayden Jane's body does not do a good job of monitoring and adjusting to life or getting some nutrients out of the foods she eats it is how we know if all is well on the inside.  Generally speaking, I can tell if something is off on the inside by how well her brain and body are working.

We had labs done last week and got results today.  Everything looks fantastic!!!  You have no idea how rare a treat that is to be able to say.  I don't have the actual labs in hand, but Dr. C emailed a summary of the results to me.  Thyroid - good, carnitine - good, IGF 1 - a tad high but no drop in dose, cbc - normal, cholesterol - good, insulin - good ... the list goes on.

So how does this match the outside?  Ayden Jane has been great lately.  No hunger, no behavior issues, energy to spare, great sense of humor .... just a joy.  Today we spent 7 1/2 hours with friends at the water park.  She took a break for lunch and that was it!  She did more slides than I did and I was exhausted.  I wish I could have counted the number of stairs she climbed and she carried her own mats or tubes!  

If I can just keep this kiddo healthy and keep all bacterial infection out of her little system there will be no stopping her in first grade!!

No comments:

Post a Comment