Friday, April 23, 2010

Fun stuff

Wow. I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I have stopped to type. I have had lots of ideas fly through my head, but not 2 seconds to work on them.

Let's see, Kayla had prom, my Dad had a birthday, Noah had a birthday (can't believe he is 15), Mckenna had state cup for soccer out of town, Ayden had her normal therapies... all in the same week! Ayden Jane has been great and has traveled really well. Our 'food work' has not been the greatest with being on the run so much. We will see Monday when we go for a genetics check up if weight is becoming an issue. Also, last Wed. we did some testing for gross and fine motor skills in PT as part of an upcoming review. Jen gave her credit only for what she was able to really do that day so no bonus points are included. I am excited to see how she fairs and hoping for confirmation that all the work is paying off.

Just a goofy story from this evening. After her shower, Ayden Jane was running around 'nakey' as she loves to do and was bouncing away on her horse. I told her to come get her diaper on and she, of course, said no. Then I told her with that Mom voice, "Ayden Jane, come here please." Her response was a great big grin and a loud and clear, "Why Mom?" She has never asked me why before and it just struck a hilarious chord with me. Now likely I should have disciplined her, but alas, I couldn't keep from laughing. Kayla was no help either as she covered her mouth and turned away from AJ but shook with laughter. No doubt Ayden Jane will be, if she isn't already, spoiled rotten. We all just enjoy everything she does. That is the blessing of having a kid who has worked so hard to... well, to be a toddler.

Also, I witnessed another first for Ayden Jane. We were at the soccer game (where else would we be) and AJ was playing on the wheel chair ramp on the side of the stands. There was another little boy there and I did not see all that happened, but when I turned my head to check on them I saw Ayden Jane push him! Not really push him to be mean, but pushed him against the railing to get him out of her way and beat him down the ramp. Now most parents would immediately scold there kids for such behavior, but I was ready to buy a round of drinks! The boy was bigger and a bit older. He was a little bossy and was definitely leading the play between them, but Ayden Jane had not let any of that stop her and she was delighted with herself for reaching the bottom of the ramp first. I have to say I love the spunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment