Sunday, April 11, 2010

No more baby

I have been struck recently by how 'big' Ayden Jane is getting. Not big in a bad way like escalating weight percentiles. Just your common variety turning into a big girl big. She is turning from a toddler into a preschooler. I think the most surprising thing about it is that I am actually a little sad about it. I know, I know. Everybody is sad when their kids 'grow up' seemingly so fast. I guess since there are many days where I feel like I have been raising kids forever I didn't expect to have that never wanting it to end feeling. Don't get me wrong, I am overjoyed with every accomplishment, every new word, every new skill, every time she uses that goofy sense of humor... I guess mostly I am just in awe of God's Grace with every day I get to experience the amazing feisty little spirit of Ayden Jane's.

I spent some time chatting with a friend today while he held his six month old baby boy. I am still so amazed when I see babies now. I am amazed by what they can do and by how big their hands and feet are. It is hard to believe how long they stay awake and what noisy little creatures they are. Even though we had 3 of these loud, messy, active, demanding... little creatures before we had Ayden Jane, we just became so used to the way she was as a baby. (just use an antonym for each of those adjectives and that was AJ) I thought back to Ayden Jane at six months and I remember still being very careful with her head and just starting PT. She has come sooooo far!!!! It has been a painful, bumpy ride but one I would never give up and will always treasure. If course, if a cure wants to come along and smooth out the road I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment