Friday, April 30, 2010

So what is new with Ayden Jane and physical therapy. I am waiting on the results of testing, but in the mean time, I talked with Jen about Ayden Jane seeming to have a big belly at times. She worked on few things and basically it comes down to her belly muscles not staying 'turned on' as Jen puts it. Ayden Jane has gotten very strong at many things and loves to climb, swing on her belly... but when Jen worked with her, she had a very hard time lying on her back curling up into a ball. She could only hold her head up (tuck her chin) for a few seconds and you could see it was very hard work. She gave us some fun ways to work those muscles. I have worked with her a few times a day for the past 2 days and I can already see a difference! It amazes me how all the connections and abilities seem to be there with Ayden Jane, she just doesn't 'automatically' do them as a typical kid would. With a little cueing and practice for muscle memory her little body catches on quickly. For the record, we had been down this road with our tummy muscles before and all was looking good. We just hadn't visited it in a while. It seems with her the phrase, use it or lose it really is true. I am glad Jen keeps a great eye on her and seems to know just how to 'turn on' any muscles AJ is giving a vacation.

Ayden Jane has been funny in the last few days. She is trying to say looong sentences, but is unsure of herself so she talks really quietly when she does. Of course, that makes it so much harder to understand her, but I love that she is attempting to create more complicated sentences. Today's big mouthful was, "can you get my drink cup out of the car mom." Okay, so it was more like, "can you get drink cup out car mom." I was still impressed. I know it was just a month or so ago and I would have heard, "drink mom. drink mom. drink mom...."

No comments:

Post a Comment