Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So What Does She Eat?

It seems we concentrate a lot on what Ayden Jane does not eat, sometimes I get the question what does Ayden Jane eat.

I do not really count anything or keep any formal track, but I do sort of keep a running estimate in my head of the sorts of things she has eaten through out the day. For example, if she eats a lot of fruit early in the day we just sort of skip it later... I try to be sure she is getting a protein and/or good fat with every snack and make sure she does not go too long between snack/meal time.

Here is a sample day. Ayden Jane is 2 1/2 and about 28 pounds (I think, but I don't even own a scale! Yikes!)

Breakfast: 8:30 or so

2 scrambled omega 3 eggs
fruit and walnut salad from McDonald's (but not the yogurt)
Tablespoon of applesauce to get the supplements in her
Fish Oil, vitamins, carnitine fumarate, ribose, B-12 and creatine

Snack: 10:30 or so

almonds and a piece of dark chocolate

Lunch: 12:00 or so

1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken salad with walnuts
a few blueberries

Snack: 3:30 or so

Celery sticks with almond butter
Hard boiled egg white
a couple of apple slices

Supper: somewhere between 6 and 8, she really could care less about supper

1/2 an avocado with a bit of plain yogurt and supplements mixed in. (same as morning supplements) What ever vegetables or meat we had with supper that I can get her to eat.

I have never done the math to figure out how many calories... the kid eats, but there are days I swear she eats more than Mckenna! As for liquid calories, she drinks water, unsweet tea, sadly a few sips of diet coke and probably 6-8 oz. of almond milk throughout the day. I would also say that she also eats another serving or two of almonds in bits and pieces when we are picking up a big kid or watching a game... and just cannot get to snack quick enough. When she is playing hard, she can run out of fuel suddenly so I always have something she can eat with me. She rarely asks for food at these times, you can just 'see it'. She slows down, her balance gets a bit off, she will just start to stare and her response time triples! It still amazes me how quickly she will rebound with a small snack though. As she gets bigger she can go longer between fuelings and 'crashes' more slowly so hopefully it will be a thing of the past soon. This summer when we are beaching and swimming would be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment