Saturday, April 24, 2010

"She is all better"

So Ayden Jane is doing awesome. I don't deny it and I love it! Sometimes it is hard though, when talking to people. I need to do a better job of just celebrating the fact that she is doing so great and letting people celebrate that with me. It is just hard for me to put aside all the fears I still have for the future. Yep, we have mastered the art of walking and climbing and even running but what about social skills and future learning disabilities. Will her metabolism come to a screeching halt? Will she ever live on her own? Will she have friends, real friends? Will she enjoy school? Will she survive middle school? How many of the things she is 'at risk' for will come true?

I know people just mean well when they say, "I can't tell there was ever a problem..." It is a compliment, but something inside of me just wants to scream, "IT ISN'T OVER YET. Don't stop praying for her, don't stop praying for us, this disorder sucks and it is life long." I want to tell them about the incredible kids I have met that are struggling much more. I want to convince them that we do and will fight every minute of every day...

I really need to learn to relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment