Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Iron, Eyes and Weight

I think our pediatrician thinks I am a little nuts, but he agreed to trying the iron supplement. We chatted for a while and he ran down the supplements which I already fooled with to see if it would help. Then the questions about diet, no new ideas there. Probiotics? Agreed we can skip that route for now. He said he had to admit that he had never prescribed iron to solve this particular problem, but that he has lots of experience prescribing it for other reasons and can think of no reason not to give it a try. You have to love that attitude.

Next I asked him about eyes. He tried to ask some specific questions as to my concerns to determine if we should go to the eye clinic in Charleston or see someone locally who could send us if he thinks it is a good idea. I basically told him that there are not even a pair of glasses in our house so I had no idea where to start with this one. We are going to see a guy locally who has a lot of pediatric experience as our place to start. I know that if I want, our pediatrician would send us to the other clinic so sounds like a good first step.

As for weight, she has definitely gone up. She is a bit over 29 lbs, but that just confirms my thoughts that it was finally time to raise the gh. I think we are storing up for a good growth spurt and are now giving her all she needs to spurt. Whew. Ahhh for the old days when raising my other kids. I think my biggest concern was whether they would ever learn to wear shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment