Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wild Woman

What a day with AJ. I wish I knew what combination of events give Ayden Jane a day like today. Let's see, she came off a weekend of hanging out on the sidelines at Mckenna's tournament for 4 games in 2 days. We went swimming 2 times where she should have burned of every bit of energy she would have for the next week. She would jump off the side, yep, a good two footed, full blown leap. I would let her plop in and go down under a fair amount. When I brought her quickly back up she was giggling and chanting, "mo, mo, mo..." I gave her a push to the steps and she would 'swim' and climb out on her own and run to the edge for more. It was actually quite comical as the air was chilly and she would shiver on the side because she was convinced she had to count to ten before she jumped. Now Ayden Jane generally gets the counting thing, but only hits about 6 of the ten numbers as she counts. So there she was on the side shivering trying to count to ten and jump in. She was at it so long I finally decided she needed to stop because it HAD to be tiring.

Monday she went to 'school' and played at the park and helped with the yard work. So, I knew we had horses tonight and a playoff game for my sons soccer team so I figured we'd lay low. Ayden Jane had other plans! She was loud and funny and chattered... We ran errands and cleaned up a bit and then I figured it was nap time since she had a big evening ahead. She played and played in bed until I finally gave up! So off to horses we went. She did not fall asleep in the car and was great and active and talkative the whole time we were there. We went straight from horses to the game where she continued to show off her new jumping skills by jumping off the bottom step on the bleachers one million times! She climbed to the top, ran up and down the ramp and played with rocks. We came home and she actually fought bed time and stayed up until 9. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment