Monday, September 6, 2010

Just Plain Funny

So Ayden Jane, when not driving me crazy, is absolutely hilarious. Thought I would just share a couple of AJ stories.

Last night Ayden Jane asked Gary to paint her nails. She had the nail polish in hand and came halfway down the hall to him. She stopped and said no thank you and turned back. Gary and I chatted for a minute and then realized that she didn't come back. I went to our room to check on her and she was painting her own nails! I was beautiful let me tell you. I, of course, took the nail polish and told her she is not to do it herself... I went out of the room pretty quickly because Gary was heading out the door to work and I needed to tell him something. I then looked back down the hall and there was a little head peeking around the corner. She grinned and said, "I a silly goose?" Totally testing the waters to see if it was safe to come out.

Tonight, we were doing a bit of shopping with my Mom. Yep. Grandma shopping which means actually buying more than usual! Any way, early in the shopping Ayden Jane found a favorite outfit. She held onto it and hugged it the rest of the evening. She kept saying thank you and I love my new clothes... At the end, she put them up on the counter with the rest of the items. There were quite a few things so it was taking a minute. Ayden Jane piped up as plain as day, "are you done with my flower shirt yet?" She was getting quite impatient with the clerk...

Finally, we were at McDonalds the other day. AJ needed to go potty so off we went. About half way there she stops (from her usual full run) and turns to me, hold up her hand and says, "no mommy, I do it myself." Ummm. Not sure I am ready to let my two year old maneuver her way through a public bathroom just yet thank you. AJ was adamant, but luckily the door was too heavy. After a bit of negotiation I was allowed to stand inside the bathroom near the sink, but that was it. I was sort of stuck in the whole scenario because, well, if I argued too long AJ could be arguing from a puddle. She knew all along that she had a fair amount of power in this power struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment