Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random Fun

Just a fun weekend. I am sure it sounds strange to you northern folks, but we had a great beach day yesterday. Kayla, Noah, Mckenna, Ayden Jane and I all headed to the beach and an old friend and neighbor Kayla and Noah grew up with joined them. It was really just like old times. The big kids were great and Mckenna and a friend she ran into at the beach surfed with them. It was fun to watch them all just have a great time together. Noah took Ayden Jane out into the water for a while and she loved it. Of course, that meant she wanted to go back in and it was time for me to get wet. I do love this time of year at the beach.

The rest of the evening was spent mostly just hanging around. Noah and Mckenna played some board games after Kayla went to babysit. (Mckenna is still the reigning Chutes and Ladders champion) Nothing better for a mom than to watch and listen to the kids truly enjoying each other.

So what did Ayden Jane do all day? She went long and hard. We hit the beach around noon. I figured it would be an hour then nap time... Well we came home about 3:30! Nap was skipped, snacks were gone but energy abounded. Ayden Jane amazingly bounced off and on for the rest of the evening on the trampoline, climbed all over Kayla giving and asking for lots of big squeezes and egged on Mckenna and Noah to chase and play with her. I thought she would absolutely colapse by 7, but she did not give in to sleep until 8.

I have enjoyed doing nearly nothing, but I guess it is time for me to get to work. One busy week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment