Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthday Festivities.

Bad news. We were so busy having fun I did not take any pictures during Ayden Jane's little party!! Terrible parenting. Jen told me she would bring her kids back and we can just take a few pictures as a redo. Sounds like a plan.

Really, Ayden Jane did not think of the day so much as a birthday party as just having her friends over to jump on the new trampoline. Ayden Jane really got into her birthday on Friday (her actual day) at school she took in 'cupcakes' and shared them with her class. The cupcakes were made basically from almond butter, bananas and eggs with some tiny semi sweet chocolate chips in them. I made them in the little mini muffin size. The teachers, much to my surprise, said all the kids absolutely loved them! I sent enough for the kids to each have 2 and was told most of them wanted the seconds and more. Ayden Jane was the first birthday at school and so was surprised and excited about everything they did. It was adorable. At her home party we just skipped desert and I don't think anyone really even noticed.

So, what have I learned for future birthday's dealing with PWS? First of all, I will have all the food prepared ahead of time. We grilled out and did cut up some pineapple and had salad... It was simple, but it caused Gary and I each to be busy and there was no clear distinction as to who was 'feeding' Ayden Jane... She definitely ate too much. I could tell by the size of her belly! There was not really anything she couldn't eat there other than a bag of chips. (which at this point she has no interest in anyway) And I think that Gary and I just sort of both fed her not realizing the other had... No harm done, but a good lesson.

Better yet, maybe even a party only requiring a small snack!

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely going to be situations like that where it is out of your hands. Educating those in contact with her will be invaluable though. My hubby has been at the last couple homeschool events (geography club where they also prepare a recipe to the country) and all my friends KNOW to ask first if A~man can eat something. My hubby was amazed that people always ask us. He (A~man)also 90% of the time will ask ME...if it is ok...and he is almost 11.

    I love reading your blog by the way. Obviously such a good mama!

    ReplyDelete