Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Here Goes

I guess I will go in reverse order in time. That means I start with today. Ayden Jane and I went to visit Dr. Clark. It is about a 2 hour drive so it shoots the day, but Dr. Clark is great. She looked over some labs that had been taken as part of an NIH study. We are a little concerned about Ayden Jane's cholesterol. It is not too high, but with the healthy diet she eats it is hard to understand how it could be elevated at all. I am going to drop one egg yolk from her morning eggs and see what that does. Her IGF 1 level has a bit of room so we are also going to go up to 0.6 gh. Ayden Jane grew like crazy over the past month. It was definitely not my imagination that all her clothes seem to have shrunk. She shot up from the 50th to the 70th percentile in height. That puts her at a bit over 37 5/8 inches and weighing 32 pounds. Those numbers keep her just slightly lean for her height. PERFECT.
We also had horseback riding today. Starting last week Ayden Jane got a new horse to ride. Her name is Zip (although AJ calls her rip). She is much bigger than Mindy was and Ayden Jane LOVES her. I made the mistake of telling her at our appointment this morning that it she would see Zip later... Over and over and over, that is all we talked about for 2 hours home! Anyway, here are some really poor quality pictures to show you how little AJ looks on Zip.






Before we left for endo (remember, reverse time order) we had speech. It was just the second time with her new speech therapist and Ayden Jane loves it. She worked hard and is starting to come up with some sounds I have not heard her make before. She asked for blueberries this evening with supper and instead of the usual 'bu bu bu's' we heard something resembling balooberries. I'd say that's a pretty big jump. Another one is that she is making a sound something like the sh. Up until last week we wore hoos and took hower's. (shoes and showers)
While I was putting in the horse pictures I remembered to check for random pictures taken by Mckenna on my phone. These were taken at Kayla's volleyball tournament.
Say cheese!
Silly face!
This one shows the lovely scar on her chin from the stitches. It doesn't look too great, but as long as she doesn't sit around like this no one ever sees it anyway!
So much more to say, but so many dishes, clothes... to take care of. I will get back on track soon.

3 comments:

  1. Do you sit with the ST when she is working with AJ? Do you know what she did differently this time for such a dramatic difference? I really like watching their techniques and learning new things.

    That horse makes her look so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not stay with her this week, but I don't think she is doing a whole lot different than Nicole. I think it may just be that she is more interested in communicating now so she is trying harder. It is really funny to watch her little brain work as she tries to figure out how to make the sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. :) I love the pics of her on the horse! And I have to admit that I chuckled when you said that she calls the horse, "Rip." :)

    ReplyDelete