Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wow it has been busy lately. One of those weeks where I love having 4 kids, but am thoroughly exhausted from it! Not that next week looks any better! Lots has been happening so I apologize in advance for the scattered ramblings to come...

A couple of things with Ayden Jane. She is definitely wanting to eat more. It is a little scary, but may just be a normal growth spurt... It is just so frustrating that we have to worry about it. I would not really even notice with my other kids! I do know that last spring we wore 2T but bought 3T for summer. This worked great as the 3T's were roomy and easy for Ayden Jane to put on herself. Now? All the 3T shorts are too small for Ayden Jane to get on and off by herself. Last month we went shopping for some school clothes and bought 4Ts. So how do they fit? She can no longer get the 3's on and off herself and the 4's don't even look big! Okay, so that probably makes no sense to read... sorry.

At least I have lots of eyes on Ayden Jane this week which will help me determine if it is good growth and what adjustments to make. We go to endocrinology on Tue., have a well baby check on Thurs. and are fitted with our new orthotics on Thurs. as well. Sounds like 2 chances for height and weight checks to me! I know I am talking growth spurt for AJ, but I have also been thinking that she may need a bump in gh. It is hard to describe but I 'just knew' last time too. I have felt I have seen the signs for just a couple of weeks so I am waiting for our visit to Dr. Clark.

Language has been funny lately. Ayden Jane is so much more interested in talking to people but is continuing to use the "list of questions" approach. Thankfully, with the birthday behind us, "how old are you" has been knocked off the top of the list! Her skills are improving as she can converse a bit after her initial ice breaker. It has been interesting for me to see just how much (well, actually how little) other people can understand her. It has been exciting to see a few people be able to adapt to her speech fairly quickly and not need me to translate too much.

Well, 2 more soccer games to go tomorrow and I am tired! I have pictures to post from last weekends volleyball tournament that I still haven't gotten to, but I will try to get some soccer pictures tomorrow. (If I remember!)

No comments:

Post a Comment